Best Property Management Companies of 2023 anaging multiple rental properties can become cumbersome, particularly as different property types and locations are regulated by different rules, laws, codes and ordinances. A property management company can take care of building upkeep and tenant occupancy, thereby maintaining your good reputation and profitability as a landlord.
If you decide that outsourcing your property management is best, bear in mind that not all property management firms are created equal. We’ve curated a list of the top property management companies in the U.S. today to help you compare options.
Our Top Picks for Property Management Companies
- Greystar — Best overall
- Lincoln Property Company — Best for client support
- Cushman & Wakefield — Best management tools and teams
- BH Management Services — Best for residential properties
- CBRE — Best for commercial buildings
- Colliers International — Best for international properties
- WinnCompanies — Best for sustainable initiatives
- Vacasa — Best for vacation properties
- Buildium — Best budget option
Best Property Management Companies Reviews
We looked at cost structures, customer service metrics, features, location and availability to find the best property management companies to work with. Here’s our list below.
Best Overall: Greystar
- Reasonable pricing
- Offices in the U.S., Europe and Latin America
- First in the 2022 National Multifamily Housing Council’s Top 50 Apartment Managers list, for three years running
- Online portal helps keep you informed
- Some tenant reviews suggest unreasonable fees charged at the end of leases
- Some tenant reviews suggest long waits for repairs
- Low customer review rating on Better Business Bureau (most reviews are from tenants, and there are no complaints from real estate investors)
Greystar is our best overall pick for rental property management companies. Whether you’re renting single-family housing, apartments or even commercial real estate, Greystar has you covered. Founded in 1993, the company has been providing high-quality services and exceptional customer service to match for nearly three decades.
The company offers reasonable pricing and services that span the entire U.S. as well as Europe and some Latin American countries.
Aside from property management, Greystar is one of the largest apartment building operators in the world. The company also provides reasonably priced investment management solutions.
Best for Client Support: Lincoln Property Company
- Abundant positive reviews from investors and property owners
- Top-notch customer service
- Nationwide company with a 50+-year track record
- Several negative reviews from tenants
- No information is available on pricing
- Some tenant complaints suggest lacking maintenance
When it comes to nationwide property management companies that offer exceptional customer support for their property owners, Lincoln Property Company takes the cake. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and several positive reviews on Facebook.
Unfortunately, Lincoln Property Company doesn’t share any pricing information online, but after a quick call, we were able to determine that the company’s pricing is about average for the services it offers.
Moreover, the company is happy to help you manage all of your investments, whether they are investments in real estate, stocks or even cryptocurrency, making it a one-stop shop for the busy investor with a diversified portfolio.
Read More : Mypass-a-grille.com
Best Management and Teams: Cushman & Wakefield
- A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau without paying to be accredited
- Services are available in more than 60 countries
- Quality management tools make it easy to keep tabs on your real estate investments
- Some complaints suggest the company takes too long to pay its service providers
- Teams tend to provide the best services to those who own high-value properties
Cushman & Wakefield is a massive real estate investment management firm with offices in more than 60 countries around the world. The company has been in business for more than 26 years and has only received three complaints, according to the Better Business Bureau.
Aside from traditional property management services, Cushman & Wakefield goes above and beyond in a few ways:
- Customer care. The company’s customer care team is one of the best in the world, earning a perfect score in the 2022 Global Outsourcing 100’s “Customer Reference” category.
- Management tools. Cushman & Wakefield’s management tools make it easy to keep track of your investments.
- Availability. The company’s services are available in more than 60 countries.
- Finding investments. Unlike other property management firms, Cushman & Wakefield will help you find the best real estate investments for your portfolio.
There are a few drawbacks to consider. The negative reviews about the company are all from service providers like plumbers and electricians who talk about getting the runaround when it’s time for them to be paid. The company is also most in-tune with high-value investors.
Best for Residential Properties: BH Management Services
- Reasonable pricing
- Specializing in residential real estate
- Quality customer support
- Poor Better Business Bureau reviews from tenants
- Reviews suggest tenants are charged too much upon ending their leases
- Reviews suggest a lack of quality maintenance
If you’re renting single-family homes or any other form of residential real estate, BH Management Services is the way to go. The company owns a network of apartment buildings and has been providing property management services for well over two decades.
BH Management Services’ specialty in residential real estate makes the company the perfect option if you have a network of homes or apartments to rent out. Moreover, the pricing is reasonable, so you won’t have to give up too much of your returns.
The company isn’t perfect, though. According to several reviews, maintenance takes longer than it should, and tenants may be unhappy with the fees they’re charged throughout and at the ends of their leases.
Best for Commercial Buildings: CBRE
- Specializing in commercial property management
- Quality research tools to help you make real estate investments
- Successfully relocates client facilities when needed
- Some property owners have complained about a lack of note-taking, requiring more time for customer support than necessary
- On the higher end of the pricing spectrum
- Some service providers have written complaints about delayed payments
CBRE is one of the largest and longest-lived commercial property management companies in the U.S. The company has been around since the early 1900s and has made a science out of managing properties like office buildings, retail strip malls and manufacturing warehouses.
As a commercial property management company with more than a century of experience serving its community, CBRE’s fees are slightly higher than those of discount competitors, but the added expense is worth the service.
The company provides quality research tools that help you make real estate investments with accurate expectations. Moreover, if something happens and your client needs to be relocated, the company takes care of the entire process.
There are a few disadvantages to consider. Some service providers have complained about waiting over 90 days for payment. Moreover, some customers have written complaints about having to re-explain who they are and what they’re trying to do every time they talk to a new customer service representative, suggesting the company lacks customer relationship management skills.